In 2011, the East & Southern Africa Management Institute (ESAMI) launched a new Master of Business Administration program specializing in Customs Management. The MBA in Customs Management is delivered across ten (10) countries in the East and Southern Africa region. This program is the first of its kind in Africa, and is offered in collaboration with CCES.
This unique program expands the postgraduate study opportunities available in Africa for customs staff, customs and international trade consultants and those working in the clearing and forwarding, logistics and supply chain industry. The program has been designed to address the needs of middle and top level managers from both the Private and Public sectors including Government Ministries, Departments, Executive Agencies, and the international trading community.
The duration of the MBA in Customs Management program is 2 years (equivalent of 4 academic semesters). ESAMI follows a European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The program has a total of 16 courses with a total of 80 ECTS credits. 1 ECTS credit is equivalent to 8 teaching hours. The credit weighting is distributed as follows:
– A course of three (3) credits carries 24 teaching hours, while a four (4) credit course carries 32 teaching hours.
– For each course, a lecturer provides an additional 4 hours of guided study.
– Each student must research and produce a Master’s Thesis which carries 24 credits.
Candidates must posess the following qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent
– Internationally recognized professional qualification
– Candidates must pass all qualifying exams
– Proficiency in both spoken and written English
– At least three years of work experience
Further information is available at: www.esami-africa.org